If you're concerned for your, or someone else's safety, or are in immediate danger, call 111.
If your guest has made you feel unsafe, or has been abusive or inappropriate, call 105.
On this page:
Damage to property
- Inspect your property before and after each stay.
- Take photos for your records, before each check-in.
If you discover damage
- Get in touch with your guest to discuss reimbursement or replacement.
- Most of the time, any damage is accidental.
- Guests are generally happy to cover reasonable costs for repair or replacement.
My guest isn't willing to pay for damage
If you and your guest disagree:
- Your local Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) so they can run you through your options.
- Holiday Houses doesn't cover broken items or damage by renters.
- The Disputes Tribunal can help if you and your guest aren't able to solve things directly.