If you're looking for tips to get the most out of your listing – check out our guide.
To get started, select List my house from the navigation bar at the top of the site.
- Name the property, and enter a description. Guests can search by keyword, so mention features people might search for.
- Alternate email – allows booking enquiries to be sent to a secondary email address.
- Ask for – the name of the person who will greet your guests. Only if this is different to the name on the account.
- Choose who can stay (children and pets), and what's provided.
Set standard rates, and add date-specific rates for certain times of the year:
- Choose from nightly, weekly, or weekend rates.
- Set your price and minimum stay.
- Set number of guests, and extra guest charge (per person, per night).
- Add comments about your rates (optional).
If you want to offer a monthly rate, you can include this in the 'Comments' section.
- Enter your minimum and maximum nightly rates.
- These are shown to holidaymakers in search results.
Confirmation settings, deposits & extra charges
Pay per booking listings
Fees you set are charged once per accepted booking.
- After creating the listing, select Configure online bookings under 'Bookings and enquiries'.
- Update your settings:
- Booking confirmation – choose whether to instantly confirm all online booking requests, or have them sent to you for confirmation.
- Booking deposit – charge a deposit or the full amount, on confirmation of a booking.
- Extra charges – set a linen or cleaning fee (charged per booking).
- Select Continue to save your changes.
Pay per house listings
Booking enquiries will be emailed to you, with the renter's contact details.
Use 'Comments' to specify:
- Cleaning or linen charges.
- Cancellation policies.
- Any other fees.
Upload up to 30 photos of your property.
- Select Upload photos.
- Choose the photos to upload from your device.
- Choose your main photo, and add captions.
- To reorder, click and drag the image.
- When you're done, select Continue.
- Your first listing must be approved by the Holiday Houses team.
- Before it's approved, your listing won't show on-site.
- We'll email once your property has been approved.
- After your first listing has been approved, new listings don't require approval.
- All international listings must be approved by the Trade Me Trust & Safety team.